1. Which of the following states Chief Minister has announced that the prohibition of the liquor will be implemented in the state in a phased manner?
d. Tamil nadu
Answer : "B"
(.....Explanation ...at the end......)
2. Which of the following city tops in discrimination against the Northeast region people of India according to a 11 member panel headed by MP Bezbaruah?
A. New Delhi
Answer : "A"
3. ‘Kaunm De Heere’ a controversial Punjabi movie that allegedly glorifies the assassins of which of the following Indian leader and the information and broadcasting ministry on August 21st, 2014 decided against the release of the movie?
A. Mahatma Gandhi
B. Indira Gandhi
C. Rajiv Gandhi
Answer : "B"
4. Which of the following state Governor in India filed a writ petition in the Supreme Court challenging oral communication from Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami asking the Governor to quit or face dismissal?
a. Andhra Pradesh
d. Tamil Nadu
Answer : "C"
(....Explanation at the end....)
5. Which of the following countries University of Agriculture has conferred an honorary degree of the Doctor of Science on renowned agriculture scientist of India Dr. M. S . Swaminathan for his contribution to farm research and allied areas of plant breeding, genetics, bio diversity and ecological studies?
Answer : "D"
1. The Chief Minister Oommen Chandy announced that it will be initially implemented on Sundays and later prohibited completely over a period of time. The CM announced that the people who are engaged in this work will be shown the alternative employment.
Article 47 of the Indian Constitution: The State shall........................the state shall endeavour to bring about prohibition of the consumption except for medicinal purpose of intoxicating drinks and drugs which are injurious to health.
In Kerala it is the Congress led UDF government that is in power.
Question 4: According to Article 156 of the Indian Constitution Governor of a state holds the office during the pleasure of the President.
In this case the contention is that the Governor Aziz Qureshi was asked telephonically by the Union Home Secretary on July 30, 2014 to resign. The Governor explained his refusal to quit to the President and the Union Home Minister on August 2nd, 2014. Again on August 5th, 2014 the Union Home Secretary asked him to step down.
Based on the writ petition filed by Aziz Qureshi the Supreme Court issued notice to the central government on the same.